Energy Efficient Glass
Did you know that your windows can let over 25% of the household heat escape!
Your windows can have a big impact on the amount of energy you use, the comfort of your home and the cost of heating it – and if you’re thinking of replacing them, look no further than Windmill Windows.
Our Double Glazing differs from basic double glazing as it works in two ways. It reduces the amount of heat lost through your windows, but also allows more heat (energy) from the sun in through the glass. This effect is known as solar gain and you’ll benefit from its effects all year round, for free. Filling the double glazed unit with either argon gas or air combined with a warm edge spacer, reduces the amount of heat escaping from the windows. This helps to further improve the thermal performance of your window, making your home feel warmer.
With the self cleaning glass innovation we can offer this to our customers, to read more, click here
- Improves the energy efficiency of your home
- Can reduce the amount of energy you use, saving you money
- Is more effective than single or basic double glazing
- Pilkington energiKare™ is suitable for use in uPVC, timber and metal windows
- It incorporates glass from the Pilkington K Glass™ range, the leading low-e range in the UK and Ireland
- Manufactured to the highest British and European quality standards
We can also install Replacement Glass for those window units that have lost their seal, become misted and have inside condensation.
We can also provide custom Glass work through our partners, so if you are need exterior glass for a balcony, a frosted glass unit or even a worktop, just give us a call and we can help you with your project!